Pages

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Sephora haul




L-R:
Guerlain Terracotta Light 04 Sun Blonde
Kat Von D Shade Shifter eyeshadow in Love Letter
Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme Plumping Lip gloss
Caudalie Beauty Elixir-L'Wren Scott Limited edition


I have read and studied many blogs in my quest to have my own blog and "hauls" are a big draw. I only have sons and sharing my hauls has taken on new meaning now that I can excitedly share with ya'll!

I have wanted one of Kat Von D's shade shifter eyeshadows for some time now and the gorgeous purple Love Letter is my first choice. It has a purple silver maroon color change that I know will make my hazel eyes pop. Her shadows are soft, easily blendable and the first picture above is heavily swatched. I can't wait to wear this! They are $22 at Sephora.

So the Guerlain Terracotta powder has been on my wishlist for quite some time. In my quest for bronzers, I have gotten some that are too orange, too brown and muddy and some that fade really fast. This one wore beautifully after I tried it in the store and wore it for hours while shopping. It didn't turn me orange, or muddy brown and the pink and pearl and multicolor browns/bronzes mixed together so well that it made me do the "happy dance" on my way back to purchase. It has a faint baby powder/floral scent that dissipates rapidly, it is not offensive to me. The swatch above is heavily applied yet seems to blend into my skintone really well. I will enjoy wearing this during the cold pale winter!

The Too Faced lip plumper was a purchase that is an important step in my makeup routine. I like to put my moisturizer on and then the lip plumper before applying the rest of my face. Why you ask? It moisturizes and plumps my lips and takes out the fine lines and pinched look prior to putting on my liner and lipstick. I notice a marked difference in my lip product wear when I add this step. It didn't necessarily have to be this brand but I saw it and decided to try it as most plumpers are mostly the same. Will definitely see how this works.

Last but not least the Caudalie Beauty Elixir spray is an indulgent fixture in my daily life and although I have a bottle I am currently using that is 3/4 full, L'Wren Scott's beautiful artwork in limited edition drew me to purchase a back up :). This spray smells divine and soothes my mind as well as my face when I am overheated, or feeling dry and patchy with my makeup.

I could have picked up many more items however my budget screamed no! Hope you enjoyed this first ever post on a haul and I am sure there will be more in the future. Thanks for taking the time to read the post and leave me a comment if one of these treasures strikes your fancy! Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment