Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Benefit Porefessional vs NYX Pore Filler- Dupe?


I was given a sample of Benefit Porefessional primer and loved the velvety smooth matte finish, light scent and somewhat tinted color. It felt very good and made my face feel smooth and my pores appeared smaller, my makeup applied easily. The length of makeup stay time was not as impressive as I would have liked. Sephora and Ulta sell this product for $30 for 0.75oz.

Then I bought the NYX Pore Filler at Ulta for $12.99 and was surprised that they felt the same velvety texture, smoothed on and became matte and lightly scented and somewhat tinted in color. I also noticed it helped to smooth out my pores. As with the Porefessional the wear time in makeup was not impressive. The above swatches show the Porefessional on the left and the NYX on the right. The consistency is very different and the NYX you have to shake to get the formula in the tube together. However, once applying to the face, absolutely NO difference to me at all.

Overall I am impressed with the Porefessional and the NYX. For the money and the closeness in performance I will stick with the NYX Pore Filler. However, I do have a stash of the Porefessional as well :). I really can't tell a lot of difference when it's on my face.

Have you tried either of these? Which do you prefer? Love to hear from you! Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment