Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

Bite Agave Lip Mask



Sephora is a makeup addicts mecca. I have no doubt that it is my favorite place to shop, browse, play, swatch and learn. Not to mention spend a lot of money! I browse their website often as it is the best way to find out what is new and if a product has hit the shelves yet. Yes I love their reward program and getting a makeup goodie for my birthday is a definite fun perk. So along those lines, I was perusing the website and also had heard rumblings about the new Bite lip mask. This winter has been a humdinger this year and Texas has been schizophrenic to say the least. It is one of the only places that you can get sunburn and frostbite in the same week :)! My lips have suffered badly. My tried and trues have been in my bag, at my bedside, in coat pockets and in the car and are used religiously.

So along came the information about the Bite Agave Lip Mask. I researched it as best I could seeing as it is so new and read a few blog posts on the subject as well. I saw it at Sephora and while I was playing with the Cashmere cremes, there was 2 boxes left of the lip mask. It is $26 and comes in metal feeling tube that can roll down like a tube of toothpaste. It concerned me that it would crack along the seams or middle as it is quite apt to "crinkle". It comes out very thick and you have to really push to get the product out. It has a brownish clear tinge, no scent and no flavor.

Bite says:
This innovative, natural formula smooths, nourishes and moisturizes lips with a bio-active blend of organic agave nectar, jojoba oil, vanilla CO2 extract and triple the amount of antioxidant trans-resveratrol found in red wine. Does not contain gluten or petrolatum.


It is thick and stays on my lips when I put it on before bedtime. Doesn't disappear like some other treatment balms do. The next morning was the true test and I was pleasantly surprised that my lips were hydrated and the cracks in the corner of my mouth were virtually gone!

It is too expensive to carry with me and use throughout the day, however; I will continue to use this as a nighttime treatment and when I feel my lips need some extra care all the way around.

Give it a whirl girls, you will surely notice the difference and although the tube is small for the price I feel it will last for quite some time. Bite beauty is a surprisingly awesome company and their lipsticks and glosses are also safe to use.

Have a blessed week my friends and thanks for stopping by my blog :)! Sherry

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I am a fellow Texan too! I know the weather here in East Texas has been crazy. I agree you start your day off with frostbite and by afternoon you are wearing a tank top, I am sure it is the weather and not my hot flashes....LOL. Seriously, I hate this cold weather and so ready for spring. I will have to get this lip mask. I have been seeing Bite products quite a lot here on blogs and you tube videos lately. I need to try them out.

    Beth
    bethandbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete