Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation


Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra Light Perfecting Skincare Makeup SPF 15

In my attempt to use up some samples, I grabbed for this Chanel foundation in #30 Beige to wear today for errands and doctor appointments. The sun is bright and the sky is a deep blue and the wind is blowing like a freight train, perfect weather for a new makeup trial :). I placed Hourglass primer on my face first after my moisturizer.

I would like to say that a little goes a LONG way, almost impossible to gauge when you are getting it out of a sample packet! Secondly the shade #30 is a bit darker than my winter pale skin but not terribly far off as I had to really go down my neck. It has a powdery scent to it that is very light and dissipates quickly. It sets quickly and dries down matte except in my t-zone. I then placed a bit of setting powder and then finished my face. It blends well and smoothly if you work quick, it barely feels as if I have anything on my face!

I was surprised at how much I liked this base makeup. It reminds me of my HG Armani Lasting Silk. I was also surprised that it stayed on my face the entire day without budging, it didn't oxidize and change colors on me either. All in all a nice foundation and one that would work for me in summer as I am very hot natured, have hot flashes and sweat like a sauna! It retails for $45 and is not the most expensive in the makeup that I own, yet it feels expensive to me.

Have you tried Chanel makeup? What product in this line would you recommend I try next? Do tell!!!! Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment