Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Exfoliating Cleanser Picks


Strivectin SD Instant Retexturizing Scrub
Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser
American Beauty Soft Glow Gentle Face Polisher


The importance of sloughing off dead skin cells and promoting cell turnover has never been more necessary then in my 40's. I have found that when I use exfoliants up to 3 times a week, my skin is happier and healther. My makeup goes on easier and my skin looks smoother longer. I have also found that I don't need to go overboard like I used to when I was younger and scrub my face too harshly. Many scrubs have passed through my hands to use and one that I used for YEARS was way too harsh and had bits that were actually dangerous to the health of my skin!


The Strivectin SD Instant Retuexturizing Scrub stays in my shower and works wonders when I need a quick and easy polish before I leave the house. It has a slight menthol tingle and smell to it, the scrub part is gentle and rounded and effective without being harsh on my skin. Strivectin products are geared toward overall anti-aging and retinol based, scientifically and dermatologically tested. I use several Strivectin products in my daily routine.

The Murad AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser uses fruit acids and chemical properties to exfoliate and is very gentle and can be used nightly. It doesn't irritate my skin and over time I see the benefits of using the naturally occurring acids in my skincare. It has no unpleasant fragrance and soothes as well as exfoliates.

The American Beauty Soft Glow Gentle Face Polisher is grittier and uses physical properties to exfoliate. I can use this one up to 3 times a week without irritation to my skin. It has a slight perfumey fragrance that dissipates quickly. I have to be careful not to press too hard with this one as I can easily overdo the scrub. It is effective and inexpensive.

I like to alternate between chemical/fruit acid and physical exfoliants as they both are able to remove dead skin cells and give my face a break from scrubbing too much! What are your thoughts on exfoliants? Do you have any favorites to share? Do tell! Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment