Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Poise Impressa Bladder Supports-A journey with LBL


 
 
Straight up information with a side of humor for a common problem!
 
Ladies, I am 50 in August, have had 3 pregnancies in rapid succession and had a hysterectomy when I was 27, with a bladder prolapse surgical intervention. I also have a genetic predisposition  to bladder leakage from my maternal side of the family. Yep, I got it going on!
 
I bought these to try them out and see if they work, 'cause laughing, sneezing, coughing can become a little interesting. (You know when you see a woman cracking up with her legs crossed tightly, yeah that). So I purchased these at Walmart and read on for do they or don't they!
 
So it has been 23 years since I needed a tampon, I frickin forgot how to do it!!!!! After several minutes of ummmm how again?, these are just like a tampon to place. However, they place more forward of the cervix and gently press against the bladder to keep the urethra from leaking. You have a choice of 3 sizes to try to see if it helps with LBL. I tried the medium, because well I would rather know if it works.
 
My answer to that is oh yes, they work! It wasn't uncomfortable, it wasn't hard to pee with it in and it did stop the LBL. I was rather impressed with the Poise Impressa.
 
Side note to all this TMI: if you are prone to bladder spasms, talk to your doctor and oh talk to your doctor anyway to make sure it's ok for you personally to use. I am not a doctor, I am a nurse and this post is my personal opinion about the product!
 
So ladies, with all the coverage of LBL and the myriad ads about this issue, I for one, like having a temporary fixer to a leaky problem! Might as well laugh about it and move on, LBL happens.
 
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment