Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Curly Hair Help

Left to right:
Deva Curl Ultra Defining Gel
Goddess Curls Botanical Gelee
Marc Anthony Strictly Curls curl defining lotion
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie

I am by no means a tight curled, ringlet bearing curly head. However, my hair has this wave that tends to curl a lot, the ability with the right products to really curl! I was getting my hair done at Ulta and the stylist says that Deva Curl would be a great product to help my natural wavy/curly hair. That started the quest for curl cream!

She started by telling me to make sure that when I use the Deva Curl to apply on a sopping wet head of hair. I did and it worked and I have never looked back.

So, onto different types, gels, lotions, creams, pomades. I have tried them and the above are the clear winners in my quest for beautiful curls.

Deva Curl I have told you about and it is a clear front runner. No crunch, no stiffness, loose and easy waves/curls.

Goddess Curls almost the exact same feel and texture and result as Deva Curl.

Marc Anthony Strictly Curls lotion tends to be a bit heavier on my hair but still let's my hair be smooth and loose and not crunchy. Just have to be careful with application.

And then the smoothie. Oh my Lord have mercy! Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie is hands down the best. It's heavier but smooth and easy and works like mousse almost, but no crunchiness at all. I looked like I got a fresh "body wave" perm without the perm! It lasts through several days and smells divine. This one is inexpensive, I can find it at Wal-Mart, Walgreen's easily. This one will always be top dibs.

I can't imagine what my truly curly hair friends go through, but if any of these products pique your interest or if you have used them, let me know what you think! And if you have others that I need to know about, share girlfriend LOL.

Blessings, Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment