Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2016

The Story of my Cleansing and Skincare Routine- Part 1


My daily cleansing routine with the products that I mix and match as needed.
Left to right:
Nuance Cleansing Face Oil
Simple Cleansing Micellar Water
Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser
Aveeno Positively Radiant Skin Brightening Daily Scrub
Glamglow Thirstymud


I am serious about my skincare. VERY serious. I have found over the years that a cleansing routine as well as the various serums, exfoliators, treatments do way more for me than just makeup alone. This roundup here is just the cleansing, because trust me ladies, the aftercare skincare is way more involved and I love it that way :). However, I wanted to talk about these that I grab the most and what they do for me.

When I am wearing makeup, or serious sunscreen, I always clean first with an oil. It just tends to get right to the heart of the gunk on my face and is gentle and hydrating. I will usually follow up with micellar water because if there is stuff on the cotton pad, the second cleanse happens with the Clarins gentle face cleaner. These products help to not strip my poor dry face (hello menopause) into the desert cracks it could become! The Glamglow Thirstymud cleanser is if I feel like there is just some deep cleansing necessary. I have been blessed with blemish free skin my whole life (knock on wood) HOWEVER, there still pops up a lone bump on my chin or cheeks and aggravates me no end. Deep cleansing is how I get them gone.

I have always exfoliated. First, I love the thought that I am literally resurfacing my face by getting all that old skin off and letting fresh skin shine through. Now back in the day, I used harsh exfoliators every    single    day. Apricot kernels etc (you know who I'm talking about). Then as I got older I realized the harsh had to go. I still exfoliate nearly every day, but with gentler products and skincare with acids and glycolics. The Biore (ok yes I could have gone into the kitchen and gotten my baking soda) just made it easier to have by the bathroom sink and this product smells divine! It exfoliates without being harsh. The Aveeno touts its brightening side effect and at my age brightening is a kick ass thing!

Depending on how dry and tight my face is, these products get changed around like a poker game. It's kinda fun to mix and match and figure out my game plan. Then ladies, there are the nights that a straight up cleanse is all that's happening.

Cleansing is actually the easy plan in my skincare war waging. Stay tuned for Part 2 of the Cleansing and Skincare Routine story. That is where it gets quite interesting in strategy alone.

Do you mix and match? Or are you the straightforward no- nonsense type (no judging here either way)? Do tell!

BTW, I won't ever stop exfoliating :)

Blessings, Sherry


No comments:

Post a Comment