Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Radiance Primers

 
 
Left to right:
Lancôme La Base Hydra Glow
Urban Decay Naked Skin Illuminating BB
Nars Radiance Enhancing Light Optimizing Primer
Botanics All Bright Radiance Balm
MAC Strobe Cream
Laura Mercier Radiance Primer
 

 
 

(Swatched heavily) Top in shade, Bottom in sunlight
 
 
 
 
It is a known fact that as you get older you lose that natural radiance that you had when you were younger. Although I bemoan this lack of glow, I am grateful that there are plenty of products from high end to less expensive to add back in that pretty youthful glow!

 
 
As you can see by the swatches there are several that are verrrryyyy bright and verrryyy radiant. However, if you use these judicially they make a beautiful lit from within glow that can't be beat!
 
The Lancôme Hydra Glow is subtle and works great as a base before makeup. It just makes me look a bit more peppy and livelier and oh does that make me smile. The UD Naked Illuminating BB once buffed into the face is great on its own and isn't disco ball bright, it can also be worn under makeup for a lit from within glow.
 
 
Nars, MAC, Botanics and Laura Mercier I find work so much better (for me) when mixed with my foundation beforehand because they each have some serious sparkle and shine going on. I can also use them as highlighters on the top of my cheekbones and eyes.
 
Cream radiance primers/boosters are so easy to use and are excellent for my mature dry skin. But I definitely have to be careful as disco ball is NOT a look I carry off well! Now back in the 80's when I played in a metal band in clubs, bring it on!
 
Spring is a time of the year that I feel like a fresh glow is a hit. The sun is shining, flowers blooming and "lighting up" just helps me look fresh and younger. So I love my bevy of radiance primers and boosters to pick. The choice of which depends on the occasion.
 
 
Ladies, what are your top picks for radiance? Have you used any of these? Do tell!!
 
Blessings, Sherry
 

No comments:

Post a Comment