Pages

Monday, August 8, 2016

Loreal Pro Glow Foundation


 




Before (top pic) with only skincare
After (bottom pic)

Everybody and their mother and dog are talking about this foundation ya'll! But I had to put my 2 cents worth in the ring.

I have combo skin, dry except for the T-zone. I have big time hyperpigmentation on my left cheek/chin. Redness on my cheeks and nose as well. I sweat super easily as it's close to 100 degrees every day and I am in full on hot flashing menopause. Now that is a test for a "glowy" foundation!!!

After researching the foundation I purchased it in the shade 204 and 205. I had heard that it oxidizes darker and just looking in the tube they appear a bit hard to tell the shade. In these pictures I am wearing shade 204.

The foundation is thin and watery but applies super easily. I tried sponge and fingers and both looked great. It covered my redness but not the hyperpigmentation. However, I only used one round of foundation on my face. The foundation claims to last 24 hours. Ummmm I will not be wearing this for 24 hours!

Here's what the website says:
Discover the new pro finish of longwear: up to 24 hour wear with a hydrating glow. Lightweight and creamy, this long lasting foundation goes on smooth with a glow finish that lasts. With medium coverage, it instantly hides imperfections for a clear complexion. The hydrating foundation with SPF is ideal for normal to dry skin.

COSMETIC INGREDIENTS WATER CYCLOPENTASILOXANE ALCOHOL DENAT. PHENYL TRIMETHICONE GLYCERIN PEG-10 DIMETHICONE BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE DIMETHICONE MAGNESIUM SULFATE ETHYLHEXYL HYDROXYSTEARATE TALC SILICA PEG/PPG/POLYBUTYLENE GLYCOL-8/5/3 GLYCERIN DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE DIMETHICONE/POLYGLYCERIN-3 CROSSPOLYMER POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE TOCOPHERYL ACETATE ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE MAGNESIUM STEARATE SILICA SILYLATE DIPROPYLENE GLYCOL ALUMINA BHT SODIUM CITRATE TOCOPHEROL ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL MAY CONTAIN TITANIUM DIOXIDE IRON OXIDES BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE

It also is supposed to be a great base for dry skinned gals and I can attest to that fact! I applied one layer, no primer or anything else and wore it around doing normal errands and household cleaning. I was out in the 98 degree weather and basically forgot I was wearing it until I happened to look in the bathroom mirror. I was surprised that it didn't make me look greasy and the glow was present. It also didn't feel like I was wearing anything on my face. One of the tests I make is whether it transfers on my phone and it did, but not a lot. Remember I didn't prime or set this foundation when I tried it.

Overall it lasted about 7 hours on my skin and around my mouth and nose it seemed to break up and disappear by that hour. However, I feel that if I wear it with primer and set it, that it will last longer for me. I never looked greasy and the glow looked natural and pretty.

Color me impressed and finding a good natural glowy foundation, especially in summer is a win! Have you tried this most talked about foundation? Do tell!!

Blessings, Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment