Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Eyeshadow Primers in Rotation

 
 
 
 
For years I haven't used eyeshadow primers for 2 reasons: I was lazy and younger! The older I have gotten they have become necessary for the increasingly more wrinkled and dry my eyelids have become. Even with straight up proof that they help, I tend to get lazy and forget them. So I do them no matter what now. These are a few of my favorites.
 
 
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Minor Sin (I had the original back in the day) is multipurpose for me because I can wear it alone for a sheer wash of color. Also with my eyeshadow for a better adherence and color help. It does have a sheen to it but doesn't make my crepey lids look worse!
 
Milani Eyeshadow Primer. Affordable, easy to use and leaves a skin colored wash on the lid. It covers veins and discoloration very well. A little goes a long way!


IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Lid Lines. This has a doe foot applicator, a skintone color and definitely helps eyeshadows pop and last longer. My gripe with this is that the tube doesn't hold a lot of product and it's expensive. I feel like I get ripped off when I buy this and I love IT Cosmetics a LOT.

Christian Dior Backstage Eye Prime. Expensive, a little goes a long way. The color is also skintone and covers well. It's a bit thicker than other primers that I have used. Seriously, the less expensive primers perform just as well.

Urban Decay Primer Potion Anti-Aging. Another Urban Decay primer that does the same but with anti-aging properties that drew me in as my eyelids are "mature" :). Wears well, takes a little and definitely makes the eyeshadows stick and last.

I plan on trying some more drugstore primers in the future as I have found that the less expensive products in some categories perform just as well as high end. What are your favorite eye primers? Would love to know your thoughts!

Blessings, Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment