Pages

Saturday, July 5, 2014

The BB/CC Cushion revolution



Laneige BB Cushion in Medium
IT Cosmetics CC+ Veil Beauty Fluid Foundation in Medium



The beauty world has been taken by storm with the BB/CC cushions. I remember buying the Amore Pacific cushion compact and absolutely loving it. It was sheer yet buildable and covered my face really well. Now there are other companies that are making their own and I had to see if they were workable.

First, since Target has started carrying high end beauty brands, Laneige made a big splash. I purchased the BB Cushion and it has the "well" in the middle with a liquid foundation and a foam sponge to apply the liquid. It goes on cool and smoothly and covers very well. I am able to put a bit more on spots that need covering. It comes with a refill which makes it a very good buy. There is no fragrance to speak of and hasn't broken me out. I am impressed!


The IT Cosmetics CC+ Veil fluid cushion is the same "well" in the middle and a foam sponge to apply and also goes on cool and smoothly. It definitely covers the redness on my face and can be built up for areas that need it without looking cakey. It does not come with a refill. I have only had a few duds with IT Cosmetics and this is NOT one of them! This one also impressed me.

For summer these are definitely awesome options for lighter, cooler bases and I can see myself repurchasing both of these. I am not sure that I will carry them with me because they are very liquid, and although they have snapped lids, they tend to run easily. Have you jumped on the BB/CC cushion bandwagon? Do tell! Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment