Pages

Monday, November 25, 2013

On the Clarins Flash Balm Bandwagon


After thorough research and reading reviews, I made the jump to the Flash Balm bandwagon. As a woman of the after 40 age :)I wanted something that would give me a little pick me up without the glitter or over the top shimmer. I do like subtle highlighter and that is my Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer in 04. I read how to apply this for a primer, a mask and also for a "pick me up". I tried it as a primer underneath my makeup and patted it on as suggested and then put my makeup on and I have to say that it worked very well for me and I noticed my face didn't look as dry today. Texas has hit a little cold front with massive wind and it has been in the 30's. My face is the first to get dry and patchy and my makeup can look very "old" instead of fresh when it gets cold out. This actually helped it to look fresh and dewy (in a good way:). Later on this afternoon, I patted a bit on my cheeks and nose and was surprised that it actually made my face bright and fresh all over again.

Although it's pricey ($45) ,for a 1.7oz tube, I find you don't need much per usage. Also with my research some people stated that using it made their face break out because it "smothers" the face and doesn't "breathe" well. I will probably use this sparingly until I have a good testing as to how my face will handle this product. The fragrance was offputting to some and although it doesn't bother me, it is a bit strong in a flowery way. It does dissipate some as the day wears on.

Has anyone used this? How do you like it? Leave a comment if you like and let me know your experience! Have a blessed Thanksgiving week and be safe if you travel. Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment