Pages

Friday, July 22, 2016

Brush Cleaning and Tips from blogger/vloggers



Brush cleaning is a chore, no doubt about it. Although I have met some ladies who love it because it's therapeutic (kind of like me scrubbing the house). There are scads of products to clean them including nubby mats that look like soap dishes. And there are lots of liquid products that clean them as well. Everybody does it differently and uses different products Below I will show you some products and also some tips that I learned from other people.

I didn't use brushes in my makeup routine until the last 5 years, yes seriously the last FIVE years. Now that I am getting more proficient with them, I can't imagine doing some things on my face without them! I have just always washed my brushes with gentle shampoo and laid them out on a towel to dry. No wrong way I say!



Stock photos from Internet

 
 
There are soooo many cleansers and I also found some DIY recipes in my search. All different price points as well.
 

There are "trees" to hang your brushes upside down, machines to whirl them around to dry them and loads of DIY brush hangers!


 
Pic from Internet stock photos



Some people soak them and then scrub them. Some spritz and rub on a towel. Now here are some tips that I researched and now use several of them!
 
 
1) Those jars/bottles/cups that hold my brushes and get covered with dust? I used to cover them with Saran wrap to keep dust off them and my hubby used to laugh. An Instagram tip was to put them in a cardboard box to store between uses. The first picture is the zippered makeup bag that I now keep mine in AND it freed up space on my vanity!
 

2) You don't have to spend big bucks on cleanser solution! There are lots of DIY recipes on the web and a tip I got was buy an inexpensive large bottle of Dr. Bonner's Castille Soap (liquid) and dilute it with water. Will last a looooonnnggg time and smell good to boot!
 
3) Now available are brush cleaner wipes if you are in a hurry and/or want to use the same brush while you are doing your makeup. EcoTools has a pack for $7 at Walmart, MAC, Milk makeup and other brands carry them as well. Random thought: why wouldn't makeup remover wipes work? Hmmm
 
4) Schedule your brush cleaning. Ok, that might work for some people and although it sounds good in theory, I am lazy, seriously. It's like scrubbing windows. *Sigh
 
So ladies, tell me your brush cleaning and storing tips. Would love to hear how you make this as easy and wonderful as possible!
 
Blessings, Sherry
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment