Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

Spring/Summer Primers

Left to Right:
Dr. Brandt pores no more pore refiner hint of tint
La Roche Posay Anthelios 50 Daily Anti-aging Primer with Sunscreen
Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
Laura Geller's Spackle Supercharged fortified under makeup primer
Nip+Fab Smooth Viper Venom Micro Blur Fix


Ya'll it gets hot in the spring time in Texas. You could easily have a 92 degree day and the next week have a high of 60 so it varies, however; one thing that doesn't vary is my face in the heat. The older and more menopausal I get (yep I went there) the more my face either "eats" the makeup as if I didn't put anything on or slides right off. I have tried, no lie about 24 different primers and have yet to really find one that helps my makeup stay put. Now I know to moisturize very very well because I am getting a drier face every year and that the dryness contributes to the makeup just becoming non-existent.

It get's frustrating because A) I don't want to wear tons of makeup or lots of layers in the heat B) I want to look put together and not a hot mess. So the primer testing continued. Because I have hyperpigmentation on my lower cheeks and jaws I am militant about my sunscreen and the La Roche Posay primer with SPF 50 is absolutely excellent. It isn't heavy on the skin, the sunscreen isn't greasy and it actually has some staying power to it that I was impressed with. It is quite expensive and can be found at your local CVS and Ulta. I'm always on the lookout for coupons and sales.

The first time I tried the Dr. Brandt pores no more with a hint of tint, I was surprised at it's soft moussey texture and one size fits all color. It actually blends well, hits my red face where it needs it and made the "textured" parts of my face play nice with the blending of my foundation and other face products. Although it is for oily/combo skin, it seems that those type of products work for me if I moisturize my face well. These tend to have a longer and stronger staying power on my face.

The Clarins Flash Balm is my everyday around the house or running errands face balm that definitely brightens and tightens up my face and can be worn under my favorite CC cream. It's moisturizing, needs to be applied thinly and helps everything just "stick" to my face better. A little goes a long way! I can also pat it around my eyes or other problem area throughout the day for a refresher. Definitely worth the price.

Laura Geller's Spackled line is impressive and I have used several of her primers but this one is my favorite. It looks champagne colored in the tube but is silky smooth clear when placed on the face. Has that slippy silicone feel but has some great skincare ingredients, soothing botanicals and age fighting antioxidants. Very cool product and I am impressed with the quick absorption when placed on the skin and the way it seems to keep my face "plumped" up throughout the day.

The last one I got has that magical blur word in it and also because I have tried many of the Nip+Fab Venom products, I decided to try this. It is silky, gel like, quickly absorbs and gives a fabulous "cheat" to the texture of my face. It can be very drying on me and the Venom series also can make my skin feel a bit tighter (because of the ingredients). So moisture is key under this, but ladies it works for me and that is a big thing.

These are a few I am giving a whirl as Texas heats up and my face needs to at least look put together and not a hot mess. Do you have any favorites or suggestions? Do tell!

Thanks for stopping by the blog, Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment