Pages

Friday, May 27, 2016

NYX Dream Catcher Palette in Golden Horizons

I


This palette caught my eye when shopping in Target. It wasn't too outre and looked like colors that I could get away with using and the glitter/shimmer aspect didn't scare my mature lids into hiding. Within 2 hours of bringing it home the plastic case was busted and the lid was not secure but I decided I could work with this! There are 3 separate NYX palettes of this kind and the Golden Horizons caught my attention the most.

Now onto the swatches:


Right arm: bottom row
Left arm:(with bracelets) top row

Ladies I am strongly disappointed! Fallout HUGE, the swipes were awful and uneven and a couple had to be swiped several times to show up on my arm. Now I may have gotten a dud and no there wasn't any primer before but I was pretty down. The colors appear beautiful in the palette but didn't translate onto the swatches. I am not one to waste a palette and there were several ideas popping into my head as to how I could use this palette. There are no mattes, all have some shimmer running through them, none disco ball glitter though.

NYX as well as other brands do have hits and misses and this one was a miss for me. I will attempt an eye look with primer and possibly wetting them to see if they work better that way.


Has anyone gotten this palette? Did I get a dud? Thoughts? Do tell!!!

Blessings, Sherry


No comments:

Post a Comment