Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Highlighters that I can manage


L-R:
Revlon Highlighting Palette in Peach Glow
IT Cosmetics Hello Light Illuminating Powder
Revlon Photoready Skinlights in Peach Light
Benefit Watts-Up
Bare Minerals Ready Color Boost
Benefit Sunbeam
IT Cosmetics Hello Light Crème Luminizer
Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal



I am the first to admit that I am a neophyte to highlighters. I have watched countless Youtube and read many articles on how to apply highlighters, especially for over 40 skin. I find that when I apply highlighters it gives my face a lit from within glow and rather than looking greasy it works well. Yes, it still scares me that I will look greasy and teenage, yet with practice I have found it gives me a healthy glow. Along with bronzer to warm my face, the highlighter just tops off my look and give me a healthy glow. I have a really red face and most of the products I find help to temper the red. I don't want to be over the top, as a nurse I need to remain professional.

These are the products that I feel comfortable with and work well with my skin. The powder I am light with because I don't want to emphasize pores or fine lines. I find the crème works much better. There are so many ladies that have taught me highlighter placement and I am grateful that there are many who give me education. Seriously, what would I do without internet education!

Revlon has some really great products and Ulta has all of these. The Photoready crème is easy to apply and blends seamlessly. The palette needs to be applied with a light hand.

IT Cosmetics is my favorite by far, as they have anti-aging ingredients and just really give me a subtle (light hand) glow.

Benefit is known worldwide and both these products are awesome. Blendable and easy, seriously subtle or buildable. I love these!

Becca is also known worldwide and is lauded all over the internet. I was fortunate to get this sample size and it works with my skin so well. I am tempted to get the full size but a little goes a long way and this will last me a long time. Again subtle but buildable and seriously easy to apply!

I keep learning and expirementing and in the summer it just gives my face such a luminous glow, which let's face it girls makes me happy!

Tell me your highlighter secrets, I would love to know and what products you can't without it! Do tell! Sherry


No comments:

Post a Comment