Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Drug VS Department Store


Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil
Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil


Ladies, oils have a huge place in our skincare these days and there are literally hundreds to choose from. There are oils to be used for moisturizing, calming, treating, soothing and many more uses available. Then there are the cleansing oils. These have been popping up everywhere and can run the gamut in price from a couple of bucks to exhorbitant! I have had the pleasure of being able to get my hands on several and today wanted to show you these two oils.

When I wear my tinted sunscreen I really need to use something to cut through the product and I have found that oils do that for me. The 2 I have chosen are Garnier Nourishing Cleansing Oil which runs $6.50 at Ulta and Bobbi Brown Soothing Cleansing Oil which I have in the travel size which is $15. The Garnier Oil is thicker in viscosity, no fragrance to speak of and cuts through any and all product on my face. It doesn't irritate my eyes when I use it to take off eye makeup/mascara. It gets milky with a bit of water after you apply to dry face first. I am impressed with this cleansing oil and haven't broken out using it either. The Bobbi Brown Oil is thinner in viscosity, negligible fragrance and works well to cut through eye makeup/mascara without irritating my eyes and cuts most product from my face. I did notice that it is not as effective on the tinted sunscreen removal as the Garnier. It is a nice oil and gentle/soothing as the name suggests.

Each of the oils worked to take off product, the Garnier the clear winner in cutting the more "adhesive" of products. I truly enjoyed using each of them and yet from a cost and effectiveness perspective I would repurchase the Garnier!

Have you used any cleansing oils? What are your thoughts? Do you have any to recommend? Do tell!!!! Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment