Pages

Saturday, May 3, 2014

La Roche Posay protection for lake day with a side of Shiseido



La Roche Posay Anthelios Mineral Tinted Sunscreen SPF 50
La Roche Posay Anthelios Daily Anti-Aging Primer with SPF 50
Shiseido UV Protective Compact Foundation (Powder) SPF 36


It is 90 degrees here in Texas today and after taking care of some necessary errands and getting laundry started, my husband needed me to take him to a small creek nearby. He had been working on the boat motor and a test run was in order. My three go to products for hot and sunny days are the Anthelios line of La Roche Posay and the Shiseido powder foundation compact. One is the very smooth and effective primer that helps to set any makeup I may wear when I am just doing weekend running. It is somewhat dry coming out of the bottle but smooths easily, minimal fragrance and has excellent SPF 50. I then top that with the liquid Mineral tinted sunscreen with an SPF 50. This liquid tinted sunscreen is excellent for medium coverage, great sun protection and really works well even when sweating! If by chance I want to "touch up" my face, then the final product is the Shiseido powder foundation in a beautiful compact. It is sturdy and also houses a sponge applicator to use in the t-zone that combats shine effectively.

As with any SPF products, especially the Anthelios line, it is necessary to use a cleansing oil to cut through the product to thoroughly clean your face.

I am very diligent in protecting my skin as I have hyperpigmentation on the left side of my face from too much sun exposure without sunscreen for so many of my younger years, as well as a family history of skin cancer. These products appeal to my vanity :) as well providing much needed protection from the Texas sun.

You can find La Roche Posay at Ulta, Sephora, CVS and Walgreens. The Shiseido compact I purchased at Dillards.

What do you use to protect yourself from harsh sunlight? Do you use the new products that combine awesome SPF with some makeup coverage?

No comments:

Post a Comment