Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Tarte CC Be Mattnificient Palette



I love me some palettes! I love how they have most everything you need for a makeup look and with this one, it has the added bonus of being matte. Now I say that as over 40 women sometimes can't do shimmer products very well and for me a little shimmer goes a loooonnnnngggg way! I use shimmer and highlighting for inner corners of the eyes, at the browbone, in the middle of the lid to open up the eye. These mattes are beautiful and fit together so well.

They have 8 limited edition eyeshadows, one limited edition blush and a double ended shadow brush applicator. As you can see the colors range from pale pink to a deep dark purple. There is a dark brown and dark black eyeshadow on the bottom that can either be used as a liner or defining eyeshadow for creases. Tartes eyeshadows are creamy and are easy to apply. With a primer they last me all day, without a primer they start to fade on me at the 6 hour mark. One thing I must mention, the lighter shades in the palette are very hard to see on me, swatching or on eyes. I am not that dark skinned, more medium with reddish/pink undertones and was surprised that some of the shades were hard to see, however they make great base laying tones.

The blush is pure Tarte product, they are silky, buildable and lasting. This blush is a soft medium rose. The texture is smooth and wears well. The colors in this palette are great for a soft romantic face. The Amazonian clay that is the basis of these products is amazing in the texture and wearability.

The sad thing about this is that the palette was a limited edition and sold out rather rapidly. I did find quite a few on Amazon and EBay should you just have to have this!

Overall I really like this palette for a daytime work look. Quick and easy all in one place face to reach for when in a hurry! What palettes are you loving? Have you gotten the Tarte Be Mattficient palette? What do you think? Have a blessed one! Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment