Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream



The Sephora VIB sale and 15% coupon along with the very cute wristlet was too much to pass up and away to my playground I went! After much research, reading reviews and going to the peterthomasroth.com website, I really wanted to try the new CC cream with an incredible amount of anti-aging goodies included.

Here is what they claim: Anti-aging treatment, sunscreen (SPF 30), complexion corrector, moisturizer and tint in one. With Arbutin and Camu Camu, an Amazonian Superfruit that has 30 times the Vitamin C of an average orange. Vit C helps improve collagen creating the appearance of firmer, brighter, younger looking skin over time, Vit C and Arbutin also help even out the appearance of skin tone. Tinted complexion corrector instantly minimizes the look of imperfections. Broad spectrum SPF 30 protects skin from the suns harmful rays. Anti-oxidants vitamins C and E help fight free radical attack and keep skin healthy looking.


Most of us are aware of the necessity of anitoxidants in our skincare, especially for those of us over 40. The Camu Camu is certainly effective along with the Vit E and after continuing the research I felt this might be a great CC cream to help with my skin over time. As for the cream itself, I got the light-medium as they really do run quite dark in the color choices of which there are only 3. Light-medium, Medium and Dark. It covers quite well, blends out smoothly; however, it is dry. I really have to moisturize really well prior to applying. I think it is probably the sunscreen components Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide. I am definitely into protecting my skin with sunscreen and don't knock that at all, just be sure you are really moisturized first! There is a little bit of a medicinal smell to the cream but dissipates rapidly. I wore this CC cream for a full day and it didn't oxidize or feel heavy on my face. It is thicker than other CC Creams I have tried, but it has a bit more coverage than most as well.

All in all, I like it. It doesn't take a lot to cover my face and this 50ml tube should last quite a while, at $48 a tube it feels worth the money. I have not been disappointed with Peter Thomas Roth products as I use the skincare part of his line the most. The CC cream is a new addition to this line and he had to get on board the alphabet soup train! Seriously, I have more than enough CC creams to last several years and I feel they may work best for me in the heat of summer. That is the time of the year that absolutely nothing stays on my face more than 6-7 hours at a time. So a CC cream that has some skincare ingredients feels right to me. If I have to touch up at least it won't feel like a mask!

Have you already been to the Sephora VIB sale? What did you have to have? Do tell!!!! Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment