Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

Schizophrenic Texas weather and blogger power


Sigh* Wednesday I had the AC on and was wearing shorts, now it's toasty warm with the heat on and my favorite jackets are out. Now to ya'll that live in places where the weather is snowy/icy most of the year, you have to remember that in Texas (the above pictures show a high of 27 with sleet/ice) this kind of weather just frickin shuts us down! Our experience driving in ice is pretty minimal and snow days for school closures are unheard of, yet it happens. My in-laws lived in Detroit and just used to shake their heads at the absurdity of Texans. Yep, I am staying in today, I don't want to be a part of the bumper car skating rink that is the highways. I will stay in and safe and warm and text back my dad to tell him not to worry I won't be out in this. So, for everyone that is having crazy weather be safe and stay warm!

BLOGGER POWER

I have done copious reading and studying this whole blog experience and happened upon several articles and websites along with blogger posts, that show that more women then ever are buying products, trying new things because of a blog they read. Reviews of products fuel advertising. Putting a personal spin on things is how women communicate and learn of said products. Back in my 20's, I would never have thought to ask someone for their opinion or have read a review on a product and trust me, I wasted a lot of money on things that once I had them were just plain awful or the color was all wrong etc.

I am proud to be a part of the blogging world and to read some premier blogs with excellent information, great reviews and a personal touch. These I aspire to be with this blog. As I learn ya'll will get the benefits of my online learning and there will be a bit more in-depth reviews and information. If any of ya'll have any suggestions, advice or straight up information I may need to know, please leave a comment! I appreciate all the bloggers before me and thank you for your paving the way before me.

Stay safe ya'll and if you are in Texas be careful we can't do the ice thing :). Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment